Monday, June 23, 2008

Going down the river

Cisco is getting ready to catch the rope to get out and go back to the top.

Jade and James are coming down, this is probably their 3rd time down, they were having a lot of fun.
When James and I were dating we went on a river rafting trip down the Snake river, and on our way home we detoured to Lava Hot Springs and camped overnight with Ray and Anaka and spent the day going down this river on tubes, It was so fun and I remember we had a great time, this time was just as fun! I think that its always nice when what we remember stands up to the test of time.
So I wanted to make sure all of the kids had a chance to go down the river, even Roo. She fell asleep in her car seat right when we started and since someone has to always drive the car because it is too far to walk back to the top I let her sleep. Grandma Anaka drove once so that I could go down with Cisco, and of course we tipped over it was so much fun.
Then it was almost time to take the tubes back so I woke up Gemma and during this time James and Jade had an incident :-) they tipped over while going down the 4-6' waterfall at the very beginning, and they got a little banged up, we were so proud of Jade because she didn't freak out or cry, she caught the tube and waited for James who was being tossed about in the rocks, it can be scary to watch, the river wasn't very deep, she could touch the ground and she had on a life jacket plus Cisco was right there so I wasn't worried, and since that was the roughest part, I just got in halfway down with Gemma. Jade was done so she got out with Grandpa. I sat cross-legged and put Gemma in my lap and James "drove" the tube the rest of the way down, at first she played 'Possum" but then she enjoyed it.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: