Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hens and Chicks

(the bigger one)



So I ADORE Hens and chicks plants, and Joey just bought a new house that came with the neatest planter full of them... Needless to say I am extremely jealous and am considering stealing them...
However a few years ago I planted two that were about the size of my palm, and then ya know life gets in the way and I kind of forgot about them so they got a little overgrown and I hated the rocks that were surrounding the bed they are planted in. So I just spent the last two days digging a new flower bed and removing about .25 tons of rock out of the flower bed and elongating it to put in some new day lillies that I was given
close up of one of the Hen and chick plants


On a side note it is not fun to dig out grass.... and then I kicked up a garden spider that was carrying it's egg sack and I accidentally squished her eggs and her! so I felt bad. I know most people hate spiders but I am one of the few who lets them go and lets face it in the outside they aren't hurting anybody...

No comments: